Graduate Nurse Program
The Geelong Clinic
The Geelong Clinic located on the eastern side of Geelong, is a leading regional private mental health service provider owned and operated by Healthscope. The hospital provides 52 inpatient beds, dedicated Day Programs and an Outreach service. We are currently in the process of expanding our services and investing $16 million to increase our inpatient beds and outpatient services by the end of 2021.
The Geelong Clinic delivers the highest quality Patient Centred Care. Our healthcare is respectful of, and responsive to, the preferences, needs and values of patients. Our programs and care are based on the recovery model including relapse prevention strategies.
We are seeking individuals who are organized, proactive, resourceful, motivated, compassionate and resilient. If this resonates with you, then the opportunity to be part of The Geelong Clinic’s Graduate Nurse Program should not be missed!
The Geelong Clinic’s Graduate Nurse Program offers a supportive and friendly learning environment in which Graduate Nurses are encouraged to develop professionally and personally, through exposure to a broad variety of clinical areas.
What our Graduate Nurse Program offers:
- Two rotations across various general and specialty areas of the clinic
- Educator and mentor support
- A comprehensive orientation day
- Five paid study days during the year
- Eligibility for credit towards post graduate studies at Melbourne University upon successful completion of the program
The program requires participants to complete and submit the following tasks throughout the year:
- 11 competencies
- 2 assignments* (*Not mandatory, optional for EN’s)
- 1 presentation
- 1 exam
Shift load/Contracted hours: The expected rostered hours for Graduate Nurse’s at The Geelong Clinic are 0.8 fortnightly, eight total shifts per fortnight.
We welcome applications from nurses registered in Australia, who are approaching graduation or recently graduated. Before you can commence work, and therefore your graduate program, you will require registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. You can find out more about the registration process at:
Please prepare in advance and have the following available when you commence your online application:
- A covering letter outlining:
- the rationale for your application to The Geelong Clinic’s Graduate Nurse Program
- Your clinical areas of interest
- Where applicable details of how you meet the English language requirements for registration.Please attach your test results
- Current CV
- Certified copy of your Academic transcript
- A copy of certified clinical reports (one general and one mental health)
- Two recent clinical referees
Applications that do not contain the above information may not be considered.
For any enquiries contact:
Graduate Nurse Program Coordinator
P: 03 52400701